Position Title: SCREENER
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Volunteer and Events Manager
WORKSITE: Ravenswood Family Health Network, East Palo Alto campus
The mission of Ravenswood Family Health Network (RFHN) is to improve the health of the community by providing culturally sensitive, integrated primary and preventative health care to all, regardless of ability to pay or immigration status, and collaborating with community partners to address the social determinants of health.
The Screener is responsible for ensuring that each individual is properly screened for potential infectious disease before entering any RFHN facility. Additionally, the Screener ensures that each individual has on the proper Personal Protective Equipment and provides important information to each individual prior to entry. The Screener also supports the Infection Control Team with additional duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
To be performed in accordance with RFHN Policies and Procedures
- Verify patient appointments.
- Verify appointment notes.
- Ensures patient answers screening questions.
- Instruct patient regarding process for obtaining temperature.
- Instruct patient on proper use of PPE during time in the facility.
- Provide patient with instructions for registration or alternate entry into facility.
- Maintain record of supplies.
- Other duties as assigned and requested.
- Completion of COVID-19 vaccine series and booster
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Bicultural/Bilingual Spanish/English required.
- Bicultural/Bilingual Tongan/English a plus.
- Ability to understand and apply information and acquired skills to perform duties.
- Experience working in a community clinic setting preferred.
- Completion of Medical Assistant or Allied Health training preferred.
- Knowledge and experience working with electronic charting and scheduling systems.
- Computer literate in a Windows-based environment.
Ravenswood Family Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants, please submit resume to email@example.com or fax to 650.321.8576.
Note: Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please do NOT contact HR to ask for the status of your resume as those calls will not be returned.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org