Social Services Department Manager
POSITION Title: SOCIAL SERVICES DEPARTMENT MANAGER
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Director of Integrated Behavioral Health and Social Services
DEPARTMENT: Social Services
WORKSITE: Ravenswood Family Health Network, All Sites
The mission of Ravenswood Family Health Network (RFHN) is to improve the health of the community by providing culturally sensitive, integrated primary and preventative health care to all, regardless of ability to pay or immigration status, and collaborating with community partners to address the social determinants of health.
The Manager of Social Services under the direction of the Director of Integrated Behavioral Health (IBHS) and Social Services is responsible for the management and supervision of the RFHN Social Services programs, including carrying out the program objectives, preparing action plans and managing the day to day operations of the Social Services Department Staff. This includes implementing and management of Case Management and Coordination delivery systems such as Enhanced Case Management (ECM) under CalAim, Health Care for the Homeless (HCH) and Patient Transportation Support Services.
The Manager of Social Services is a member of the Management Team, and a member of the operations and clinical team supporting PCMH standards and practices. In addition, s/he participates in performance improvement activities and upholds the mission and vision of RFHN in the performance of his/her work.
Duties and Responsibilities
To be performed in accordance with RFHN Policies and Procedures
- Manages, plans and organizes RFHN programs that provides direct social determinate of health-related services to the RFHN patients.
- Directly supervises masters and bachelor level social workers and patient navigators in the social work department, the Health Care for the Homeless (HC) Manager, and the Transportation Coordinator.
- Communicates and collaborates with Health Plans and County Hospital and Health Systems for care coordination of high-risk complex health population to reduce avoidable Emergency Department admissions.
- Develops and maintain community partnerships.
- Oversees RFHN internal referral process for resources related to Social Determinants of Health (SDOH).
- Manages integrated team case presentations and consults.
- Develops and maintains internal Social Services Resource referral program, working in collaboration with the IBHS therapists and support staff, Nurses, the Associate Medical Directors and Provider Leads.
- Carries out program objectives in light of established goals, and works with the Director of Social Services to develop strategies to achieve program objectives.
- Participates in the selection and hiring of key staff positions for the program and ensures the orientation, training and developing of program staff.
- Directs and evaluates the daily work of subordinate staff.
- Is responsible for the implementation and control of provided services to ensure compliance with terms of received grants and contracts.
- Ensures compliance with chart audits.
- Is the point of contact and represents the program in meetings with public and private agencies, community groups, and organizations.
- Prepares progress program reports and budget-to-actual expense reports.
- Keeps abreast of new trends and developments related to the program’s activities.
- Performs other related duties as required and directed as appropriate.
- Program planning and implementation.
- Techniques of organizing and motivating groups.
- Personnel management techniques including principles of employee supervision, training and development.
- Social Services Case Management fieldwork operations in a community setting, including assessing home environments, ADLs (Activities of Daily Living) and IADLs (Instrumental Activities of Daily Living).
- Multidisciplinary case conferencing including with Family Members and Care Takers.
- Meets regularly with the Director of Social Services and IBHS, Nurses, Providers and other members of clinical support teams as needed or required.
- Participates in the planning, development and implementation of social services and case management system improvements.
- Participates in community collaborations related to SDOH services on behalf of RFHN organization and to coordinate referrals services between RFHN and these community resources.
- Participates in drafting, updating, and monitoring procedures to implement clinic policies pertaining to Social Services Department patient flow.
General Agency Duties:
- Fosters an environment that promotes trust and cooperation among patients and staff; maintains strictest confidentiality concerning all patient and employee information.
- Promotes and exemplifies in action, the mission, goals, policies, procedures and principles of RFHN to supervisees and other clinic staff.
- Participates in outreach activities, agency advocacy, and serves on ad hoc committees, as requested.
- Attends RFHN staff retreats and Board of Directors meetings, as requested by the Chief Operating Officer.
- Other duties as assigned and requested.
- Completion of COVID-19 vaccine series and booster
- Possession of MSHCA, MPH, MSW, MPA, MSN or equivalent degree required.
- LCSW, MSW, RN, LVN, or other clinical background highly desirable.
- Two (2) years minimum experience in outpatient clinics, community health centers or physician office required.
- Two (2) years minimum progressive supervisory and management experience in outpatient clinics, community health centers/physician office or transferable on the job training.
- Knowledge of Santa Clara County and San Mateo County Health and Hospital Systems preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in a professional manner; Spanish language competency highly preferred.
- Computer literacy required; familiarity with the use of Microsoft Windows.
- Experience with the implementation and utilization of electronic practice management systems. Knowledge of the principles of practice management systems required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the effective and efficient delivery of community based social services fieldwork, including home visiting
- Ability to take initiative and to exercise independent and sensible judgment; demonstrates decision‑making and problem‑solving capability.
- Ability to provide proactive, positive, calm and overall effective leadership for the social services staff in the delivery of day to day patient interventions.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, supervise, train and work respectfully and effectively with a culturally diverse clinic staff.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with the management team, patients, the public, community members and external agencies.
- Must adhere to standards of confidentiality.
Ravenswood Family Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants, please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 650.321.8576.
Note: Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please do NOT contact HR to ask for the status of your resume as those calls will not be returned.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com