Registered Nurse, Family Medicine
POSITON Title: REGISTERED NURSE, FAMILY MEDICINE – Bilingual English/Spanish
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Director of Nursing Services
DEPARTMENT: Family Medicine
WORKSITE: Ravenswood campus
The mission of Ravenswood Family Health Network (RFHN) is to improve the health of the community by providing culturally sensitive, integrated primary and preventative health care to all, regardless of ability to pay or immigration status, and collaborating with community partners to address the social determinants of health.
Under the supervision of the Nursing Director, the bilingual Registered Nurse works in collaboration with the health care team in the delivery of patient care at RFHN. The RN is cross trained through the different departments, following the institution’s professional practice model. The RN consistently demonstrates safe practice by utilizing the nursing process to provide direct and indirect care to patients ranging from infancy to adult. The RN works closely with clinicians and other members of the health care team in the coordination of patient care through the institution and outside services. The RN accepts accountability for the nursing care given to assigned patients and continuously thrives to expand knowledge and skills to provide high quality patient care based on the patient’s culture, education, psychosocial, and physical needs. The RN seeks and provides feedback that can improve clinical practice and comply with all standards and regulations. The RN provides patient care and performs all duties in accordance to Ravenswood Family Health Network policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
To be performed in accordance with RFHN Policies and Procedures
- Utilizes the nursing process (assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation) in inpatient care and demonstrates critical thinking skills, leadership, and appropriate role modeling.
- Instructs and educates female patients in preventing illness affecting childbirth.
- Educates and counsels female patients on birth control methods and safe practices.
- Educates women on prenatal care issues.
- Educates and cares for patients during pregnancy and after birth.
- Educates pregnant women on gestational diabetes.
- Administers injections and diagnostic tests/referrals as ordered, including immunizations, completing lab and x-ray requisitions, and other services ordered by the clinician.
- Performs diagnostic and laboratory tests including but not limited to EKGs, O2 sat, breathing treatments, vision testing, hearting exams, etc.
- Provides direct patient care and supervises the provision of patient education by LVNs or MAs.
- Performs independent telephone or face-to-face triage using triage protocols.
- Prepares the patient and assists the clinician with exams and procedures as needed.
- Documents all immunizations according to standards into the immunization registry.
- Performs age-appropriate screening as needed or as directed by the clinician.
- Assures efficient patient flow by ongoing assessment of clinician schedule and working with other staff to minimize patient waiting time.
- Applies leadership skills that support team effectiveness and collaboration. Communicating confidently with team members to meet patients’ and peers’ needs.
- Provides patients care, respecting patient values, preferences, and needs.
- Fosters an environment that promotes trust and cooperation among all staff.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and employee information to all except the Nursing Director or other designated employees.
- Attends all RFHN mandatory meetings and other meetings as requested.
- Promotes courteous and professional behavior in all interactions with the public and the staff.
- Actively delivers constructive feedback to peers to foster development and improvement in performance.
- Serves as resource and preceptor for new nurses and demonstrates a commitment to the nursing profession through life-long learning. Following the ANA code of ethics for nurses.
- Participates in problem-solving to address issues that may impact the quality of patient-family care.
- Cross-trains through Pediatrics, Women’s Health, Rapid Triage, and Family Practice departments.
- Provides coverage as requested through departments by the Nursing Director or acting Nursing Director.
- Other duties as assigned within the nursing scope of practice.
- Completion of COVID-19 vaccine series and booster
- Graduate of an accredited RN program, current California RN license and good standing with the Board of Registered Nurses required.
- Experience in Family Medicine or Pediatrics required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish fluency required.
- Current BLS certification required.
- Experience in a community clinic setting strongly preferred.
- Computer literate in a Windows based environment.
- Experience working in an electronic medical record environment highly desirable.
- Ability to memorize, retain and recall pertinent skills and information.
- Ability to perform job duties as described in the position description according to clinical level.
- Ability to use tools and equipment necessary for clinical operations within the nurse’s practice setting.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
- Ability to provide technical advice, guidance, and to support professional state in area of specialty.
- Ability to work well with physicians and ambulatory staff in a practice or health care setting.
- Demonstrate initiative and creativity to continuously improve services, process and other activities.
- Willingness to be flexible in situations for QI.
- Strong competency documenting in electronic health records and i2i tracking.
- Superior inter-personal skills.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Committed to the triple aim better care at lower cost leading to better health outcomes.
- Make patient and family the center of every clinical decision.
- Demonstrate commitment to the nursing profession, by engaging in life-long learning according to the ANA code of ethics for nurses.
Ravenswood Family Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants, please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 650.321.8576.
Note: Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please do NOT contact HR to ask for the status of your resume as those calls will not be returned.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com