MEDICAL ASSISTANT PEDIATRICS
POSITION TITLE: MEDICAL ASSISTANT PEDIATRICS
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Pediatrics Department Manager
WORKSITE: Ravenswood campus
The mission of Ravenswood Family Health Network (RFHN) is to improve the health of the community by providing culturally sensitive, integrated primary and preventative health care to all, regardless of ability to pay or immigration status, and collaborating with community partners to address the social determinants of health.
Under direct supervision, the Medical Assistant provides clinical support in the service of patients as member of a care team that includes medical physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, health coaches and other staff. Individual tasks include rooming patients, taking vital signs, verifying chief concerns, obtaining medical histories, collecting specimens for lab tests, anticipating the needs of patients and other team members, documenting all patient interactions in the electronic health record, and other duties as assigned related to the comfort, care, and medical treatment of patients of the clinic.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To be performed in accordance with RFHN Policies and Procedures
- Cleans and sets up rooms in preparation for exams.
- Prepares electronic record for documenting patient visits.
- Collects vital signs (temperature, BP, weight, pulse, height, head circumference, BMI etc.) per protocols.
- Collects and documents chief complaint, screening questions, health histories, medications, and other appropriate information based on the patient’s presenting concerns.
- Assists providers during exams and/or medical procedures.
- Follows through on provider’s instructions; ensures that all of the patient’s needs have been met.
- Uses Standard and Personal Precautions in all appropriate situations.
- Performs routine injections.
- Collects and handles laboratory specimens and performs simple lab tests according to standard procedures.
- Completes lab requisitions and vaccine logs, documents lab results, and other paperwork accurately.
- Initiates specialty referrals including sending necessary provider documentation, imaging and test results.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
- Provides excellent customer service in a sensitive and non-judgmental manner.
- Keeps pace with provider flow, works efficiently, notifying patients regularly regarding wait times.
- Assists peers and others on the care team to ensure timely, optimum patient care.
- Projects a professional image at all times, including adherence to dress code and standards of communication.
- Other duties as assigned and requested.
- Completion of COVID-19 vaccine series and booster
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Graduate from a Medical Assisting program required.
- Bilingual/biliterate Spanish/English required.
- Bilingual/biliterate Tongan/English highly desirable.
- Basic Life Support certification required.
- Minimum one year of experience working in primary care or community clinic in addition to internship/externship strongly preferred.
- Experience in Women’s Health or Pediatrics preferred.
- Knowledge and experience working with electronic charting and scheduling systems.
- Computer literate in a Windows-based environment.
- Detail-oriented with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Current California drivers’ license and ability to travel between clinics.
Ravenswood Family Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants, please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 650.321.8576.
Note: Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please do NOT contact HR to ask for the status of your resume as those calls will not be returned.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com