HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
POSITION TITLE: HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
FLSA Status: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Human Resources Director
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
WORKSITE: Ravenswood Family Health Network, Corporate Office
The mission of Ravenswood Family Health Network (RFHN) is to improve the health of the community by providing
culturally sensitive, integrated primary and preventative health care to all, regardless of ability to pay or immigration
status, and collaborating with community partners to address the social determinants of health.
Under the general supervision of the Human Resources Director, the Human Resources Manager oversees, maintains
and administers personnel documents, assuring organizational compliance with employment laws. The manager
oversees the workflow processes and transactions for recruitment, selection, hiring, orientation, evaluation,
disciplinary and employment termination actions, and manages RFHN’s employee benefits in conjunction with the
Payroll Department. As a member of the Management Team, manages the workers’ compensation process and the
credentialing of licensed employees, and assists managers in interpreting policies and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To be performed in accordance with RFHN Policies and Procedures
1. Supervises the maintenance of personnel files and records, including automated recordkeeping systems
and ensures retrievability of files and records.
2. Maintains current, mandated information on all contracted and leased employees, volunteers, interns
3. Manages the credentialing and re-credentialing processes for all licensed clinical staff and volunteers.
4. Supervises, trains, schedules, assigns, reviews and evaluates human resources associates and assistants,
counsels employees and initiates the disciplinary process as needed.
5. Interviews HR support staff candidates and recommends selections of new staff.
6. Oversees and adjusts the work assignments to ensure recurring deadlines are met.
7. Analyzes, develops, revises and updates office procedures related to assigned functions to assure
8. Researches files for background information related to classification requests, payroll problems and
employee grievance cases.
9. Manages all employee benefits and the annual Open Enrollment process.
10. Educates and assists employees with benefits and enrollment. Accommodates different levels of
experience and understanding of benefits in order to educate at the appropriate levels for each
11. Manages the recruitment process including the placement of ads, reviewing resumes,
conducting/coordinating interviews, hiring and inducting new employees.
12. Manages all work-related injuries. Sends employee to occupational medical facility, files claim, liaises
with workers’ compensation carrier, creates file, logs onto OSHA 300 log, and informs appropriate
managers of work-related restrictions/modified duty.
13. Manages all Leaves of Absences (FMLA, CFRA, Disability, PFL, Personal) including leave dates, return
clearances, communications with employee’s department managers and supervisors and scheduling staff.
14. Recommends changes in policies and procedures to the HR Director
15. Assists in providing all documentation for human resources portion of audits.
16. May respond to subpoenas.
17. Creates payroll and HR action forms in HR Database for approval.
18. Coaches and assists managers with employee disciplinary issues, from verbal warnings to terminations.
19. Performs periodic compensation and benefits research. Makes recommendations to CFO and CEO.
20. Supports the Staff Development Department team in the planning and implementation of employee
21. Participates in staff administrative meetings affecting human resources procedures and the work of the
22. Participates in management level meetings on agency-wide policies and issues.
23. May be assigned as a Disaster Service Worker, as requested.
General Agency Duties
1. Fosters an environment that promotes trust and cooperation among patients and staff; maintains
strictest confidentiality concerning all patient and employee information.
2. Promotes and exemplifies in action, the mission, goals, policies, procedures and principles of RFHN to
supervisees and other clinic staff.
3. Participates in outreach activities, agency advocacy, and serves on ad hoc committees, as requested.
4. Attends RFHN staff retreats and Board of Directors meetings, as requested by the HR Director.
5. Other duties as assigned and requested.
• Completion of COVID-19 vaccine series and booster
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
• Three (3) years minimum of previous experience in Human Resources Management required.
• Experience in a non-profit and/or healthcare setting highly preferred.
• Knowledge of Federal and State HR Laws required.
• Thorough knowledge of California Leave Laws (FMLA, CFRA, PFL, etc.) required.
• Knowledge of the principles and techniques of supervision and training, including work scheduling,
instruction, review, and evaluation of subordinates.
• Knowledge of office practices and procedures, including filing systems, financial record keeping,
reference sources, and preparation of forms and reports.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in a professional manner; Spanish
language or Tongan language competency highly preferred.
• Computer literacy required; familiarity with the use of Microsoft Windows, word processing,
spreadsheets and/or databases.
• Ability to take initiative and to exercise independent and sensible judgment; demonstrates
decision-making and problem-solving expertise.
• Demonstrated ability to motivate, supervise, train and work respectfully and effectively with a culturally
diverse clinic staff.
• Ability to collaborate and work effectively with the management team, patients, the public, community
members, and external agencies.
• Must adhere to standards of confidentiality.
Ravenswood Family Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants, please submit resume to email@example.com or fax to 650.321.8576.
Note: Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please do NOT contact HR to ask for the status of your resume as
those calls will not be returned.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org