DIGITAL HEALTH PATIENT CARE ASSISTANT
POSITION TITLE: DIGITAL HEALTH PATIENT CARE ASSISTANT
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: EHR Provider Lead
DEPARTMENT: Digital Health
WORKSITE: Ravenswood Family Health Network, All Sites
The mission of Ravenswood Family Health Network (RFHN) is to improve the health of the community by providing culturally sensitive, integrated primary and preventative health care to all, regardless of ability to pay or immigration status, and collaborating with community partners to address the social determinants of health.
Using RFHN’s Electronic Health Record and other digital health systems, the Digital Health Patient Care Assistant primarily provides inbound and outbound messaging support and customer service to patients, Provider Care Teams, and all other internal and external customers. Works as part of the Digital Health team to provide support to staff and patients regarding MyChart use to proactively address the needs of patients and their families.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To be performed in accordance with RFHN Policies and Procedures
- Learns and becomes proficient in using all departmental digital health information systems.
- Monitors MyChart inbound messages from patients, ensuring messages are routed to the appropriate Provider Care Team member and/or other RFHN staff member.
- When necessary, makes outbound calls in a professional and customer friendly manner.
- Delivers messaging responses to patients as requested by providers and nurses.
- Assists patients with navigation and use of MyChart patient portal.
- Supports MyChart issues reported by the patient community.
- Captures and records patient specific information in a thorough and accurate manner.
- Works with interns, fellows, staff, vendors and contractors on the Digital Health Team on MyChart reports regarding enrollment, pool message handling, as well as ad hoc quality improvement or performance projects.
- Provides application support during software upgrade initiatives or enhancements to workflows to the patient MyChart portal.
- Maintains MyChart pool accuracy with ongoing personnel updates.
- Supports MyChart-related collaborations with community partners and external agencies.
- Completion of COVID-19 vaccine series and booster
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
- A minimum of one year of work or volunteer experience in a job/internship performing customer service.
- Bilingual Spanish/English proficiency required.
- Organization and problem-solving skills to handle multi-faceted patient conversations and properly address patients’ needs.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with electronic health records in general, familiarity with Epic EMR a plus.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to adapt communication style to audience; strong skills to motivate, inspire and persuade.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to foster trust and respect among patients from diverse language and cultural backgrounds. Ability to counsel clients of all ages and problems.
- Communicates with warmth and confidence.
- Able to work with protected health information and maintain absolute confidentiality and privacy in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
- Ability to organize multiple tasks and manage competing priorities.
Ravenswood Family Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants, please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 650.321.8576.
Note: Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please do NOT contact HR to ask for the status of your resume as those calls will not be returned.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com