DENTAL PROGRAM ASSISTANT
POSITION TITLE: DENTAL PROGRAM ASSISTANT
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Chief Dental Officer
WORKSITE: Ravenswood campus
The mission of Ravenswood Family Health Network (RFHN) is to improve the health of the community by providing culturally sensitive, integrated primary and preventative health care to all, regardless of ability to pay or immigration status, and collaborating with community partners to address the social determinants of health.
Ravenswood Family Dentistry (RFD) is a dental clinic located in East Palo Alto. We offer dental care to people of all ages, regardless of their ability to pay. As a multi-cultural community dental clinic, our goal is to provide excellent dental care to our patients.
Under general supervision, the Dental Program Assistant supports the Chief Dental Officer, Dental Operations Director and his/her Managers with the day to day functions of the dental clinic. The Dental Program Assistant communicates with multiple oral health agencies, schedules appointments, and assists with projects and general office duties. The Dental Program Assistant also supports Ravenswood Family Health Network initiatives and patient, staff and community events.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To be performed in accordance with RFHN Policies and Procedures
- Handles the logistics, scheduling and paperwork for treatments to be done under general anesthesia by dentists at Lucille Packard Children’s Hospital.
- Handles logistics and paperwork for patients receiving treatment at Ravenswood under oral conscious sedation.
- Assists with pre-authorization health requests prior to procedures.
- Assists with obtaining/scheduling history & physical (H&P) appointments with patient’s PCP.
- Assists with obtaining medical clearances for dental procedures.
San Mateo Oral Health Coalition:
- Organizes and takes minutes for quarterly meetings of the coalition.
- Organizes and takes minutes for monthly meetings with the core team.
- Assists with planning and organizing coalition events.
- Collects and analyzes oral health data to create documents/presentations in PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
Virtual Dental Home:
- Assists with RFD Virtual Dental Home (VDH), a tele-dentistry project that provides dental screenings to children in preschools and other family service agency sites.
- Assists with VDH site visit coordination, scheduling and logistics, etc.
- Assists with drafting MOUs with service sites.
- Assists with VDH patient registration and risk assessments.
- Assists dental hygienist during VDH patient exams—preparing trays, taking patient photos, etc.
- Assists with giving Oral Health presentations.
- Assists with conducting follow-up—calling parents, discussing results of screenings, etc.
- Is familiar with infection control policies.
Dental Program Administrative Support:
- Takes minutes for the weekly dental providers’ meetings.
- Tabulates data on dental provider peer reviews.
- Tracks dental patient data.
- Assists with Ravenswood fundraising events.
- Assists with organizing clinic-wide events and quarterly All Staff Meetings.
- Assists with managing clinic laundry service.
- Assists with scheduling new patient specialty referrals to the dental clinic.
- Other duties as assigned and requested.
- Attends RFHN staff retreats and staff meetings as requested by supervisors.
- Completion of COVID-19 vaccine series and booster
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with a concentration in the social sciences – Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Social Welfare, and/or Public Health required.
- Work experience in a community health setting strongly preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish required.
- Understanding of health integration concepts within a primary care clinic setting.
- Effective customer service skills in interactions with patients, staff and fellow team members.
- Proficient in the use of basic office equipment and software including MS Office and Outlook, required.
- General knowledge of health disparities, social determinants of health and current social and health problems related to oral health.
- Knowledge of community resources and referral agencies.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with providers, patients, staff and the public.
- Ability to collect and enter data for the purpose of written reports evaluating the dental program.
Ravenswood Family Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants, please submit resume to email@example.com or fax to 650.321.8576.
Note: Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please do NOT contact HR to ask for the status of your resume as those calls will not be returned.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org